The CSUN VITA Clinic is seeking applications for a cohort of Financial Empowerment Fellows. Under this unique leadership program, up to 60 Fellows will be offered leadership training and supervision during the upcoming tax season as the CSUN VITA Clinic assists in the offering of in-person free tax preparation services to low-income taxpayers at various select sites throughout Los Angeles County. Fellows will be provided pay for their training and for their service throughout the tax season. Fellows are expected to devote between 12 and 40 hours per week, depending on their availability, through April 15, 2024.
- CSUN student (undergraduate or graduate) or a recent alumni of CSUN (within the last 2 years)
- Available to join the training in early January
- Available to provide services in person
- No prior experience in taxation or accounting is required
- Passion to make an impact in the community
At The CSUN VITA Clinic we provide a cost-free income tax assistance service to low-income taxpayers residing in the San Fernando Valley and beyond. CSUN VITA Clinic has been offering the services since 1971.
Below are some of the benefits of becoming a Financial Empowerment Fellow with the CSUN VITA Clinic:
- Make an impact in our community by providing support for free tax preparation to low-income taxpayers.
- Understand income tax law and the tools available to prepare and file tax returns.
- Become an IRS Certified Tax Preparer.
- File your own tax return, for family members and friends.
- Develop your oral communication and leadership skills.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants should click here to access the application.
We would like to invite you to attend an information session at the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics located in Bookstein Hall to learn more about the CSUN VITA Financial Empowerment Fellowship program. Attendance to an info session is mandatory for new fellowship applicants.
We will be hosting Financial Empowerment Fellowship information sessions on the following dates:
|November 14th||1:00 PM – 2:00 PM||BB 2125|
|November 15th||12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||BB 2214|
|November 16th||2:00 PM – 3:00 PM||BB 2125|
|November 17th||12:30 PM – 1:30 PM||BB 1212|
|November 20th||12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||BB 2214|
|November 21st||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM||BB 2125|
|November 22nd||12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||BB 2214|
|November 28th||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM||BB 2125|
|November 29th||12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||BB 2214|
|November 30th||2:00 PM – 3:00 PM||BB 2125|
|December 1st||10:00 AM – 11:00 AM||BB1212|
|December 5th||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM||BB 2125|
|December 6th||12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||BB 2214|
|December 7th||2:00 PM – 3:00 PM||BB 2125|
|December 8th||12:30 PM – 1:30 PM||BB 1212|
|December 11th||12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||BB 2214|
|December 12th||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM||BB 2125|
|December 13th||12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||BB 2214|
During these sessions we will be going over fellowship requirements, responsibilities, benefits, how to apply for the CSUN VITA Financial Empowerment Fellowship, and will end with a brief Q&A session.