Desktop Associate provides technical support to end-users in the following capacities:
• Help Desk Technology: respond to end user issues and requests for technical information and
assistance. Receive, prioritize, document and actively coordinate resolution.
• Resolve problems using problem resolution and escalation procedures leveraging diagnostic and
incident tracking tools.
• Desktop Technology: provide a single point of contact for end users to receive technical support
and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. Install, diagnose,
repair, maintain and upgrade desktop hardware, software and related equipment to ensure
optimal performance. Troubleshoot problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide enduser training as required.
• Application Support: provide support to end users on how to use software applications to fulfill
business objectives. Provide guidance in the proper use of software applications and troubleshoot
application usage issues. Assist in the design and delivery of software applications training
programs and related courseware
• Resolve issues and requests or escalate problems when required, to the appropriate technical
• Access knowledgebase and frequently asked questions/resources to aid in problem resolution.
• Perform desk side diagnosis and resolution of problems for end-users
• Document problem-solving processes and successful actions taken through to final resolution in
incident management system
• Evaluate resolutions and analyze trends to prevent future problems
• Develop self help tools and frequently asked questions for end-users
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user computing infrastructure
• Perform desktop moves, adds, and changes as required
• Create and handle helpdesk tickets in a timely manner.
• Maintain desktop hardware and software inventory
• Maintain relationships with desktop technology vendors and service providers
• Learn appropriate software and usage to provide application support to end-users
• Communicate problems and issues to management, development teams and end- users
Qualifications & Experience
• 3-5 years support experience in a Windows 10 Network Environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (2010, 2016)
• Knowledge and understanding of Activesync and mobile device management
• Exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills
• Highly self-motivated and detail oriented
• Strong organizational and document management skills are essential
• Thrives in a fast-paced and rigorous work environment
• Experience in the finance industry is preferred
• Relevant industry certifications are a plus
• Knowledge of Mac OS is a plus, but not required
• Willing to work outside of business hours when necessary
• Willing to lift and move printers, workstations etc. weighing up to 45lbs/20kg