Job Description & Essential Functions of the Sales Engineer
*** 3 Open Positions *** (Eastern, Western, Distribution)
Job Description: The Sales Engineer expands the Company’s reach through the acquisition of new clients and business. The Sales Engineer actively identifies, pursues, and engages in building relationships with current and new clients. A Sales Engineer must have LED industry and market knowledge and be able to effectively communicate the Company’s brand and product value in such a way as to elicit a favorable reaction from the target customer.
- Meets the sales revenue target for the designated region (Eastern, Western, or Distribution).
- Fosters and develops relationships with current and potential clients, as well as vendors.
- Assist with getting clients and vendors to participate in ACE training.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Must be persistent and disciplined in all work.
- Able to handle fast pace and high volume of activity.
- Must have technical skills, and the ability to understand LED products and parts.
- Has great presentation skills and can effectively sell the product to a customer through presentations, tours, and showing them the product.
- Makes regular phone calls and emails to current customers to keep in touch with them, as well as contacting potential clients and vendors.
- Expand base and bring in new clients.
- Travels as needed to meet with current and potential clients.
- Travels as needed to China headquarters.
- Travels as needed to attend tradeshows, training, conferences, and other company events.
- Identify potential new markets and customers and their needs.
- Makes accurate sales calculations and sales quotations of current prices.
- Attends tradeshows, training, conferences, and events to promote the company, network, and bring in new clients.
- Keeps record of sales orders.
- Reports to and works with corresponding Sales Manager or Director.
- Works with Customer Service department to help facilitate DEMO Requests.
- Works with Warehouse department to ensure products are shipped to clients on time.
- Maintains professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Prepares reports for sales and maintains expense accounts.
- Updates and maintains accounts of customers including contact names and numbers for future sales.
- Follows up with clients on orders, payments and delivery. Track the process from start to finish.
- Performs all other duties assigned to them of which the employee is capable of performing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to give compelling sales pitches.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to relate to, and effectively communicate professionally with all levels of resources (i.e. Senior Management, colleagues, contingent workers, clients, vendors, etc.).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Must have expert knowledge on all Absen products.
- Must have a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Ability to take initiative and seek out new business.
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with current clients.
- Ability to build rapport quickly.
- Ability to identify wants and needs of target customers.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to lift, up to 20lbs consecutively.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelors’ degree, Engineering degree preferred.
- Preferred minimum 2 years’ experience with AV/LED.
- Orlando office and warehouse.
- May be required to work overtime and flexible hours on an as needed basis.
- May be required to travel throughout the year for business meetings, tradeshows, training, demos, and other business-related events.