Advance Auto Parts, Inc., is the largest automotive aftermarket parts provider in North America, serves both the professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. Advance operates over 5,000 stores, over 100 WORLDPAC branches and serves approximately 1,000 independently owned CARQUEST branded stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. Advance employs over 70,000 Team Members.
Our mission is to be the best service and parts supplier in our industry. We will successfully achieve our mission by working as One Team driven by common values and principles throughout our Advance Auto Parts, CARQUEST and WORDPAC branches. Advance Auto Parts works hard to create a culture of honesty, integrity, mutual trust and dedication. Since our founding by Arthur Taubman in 1932, these values haven’t changed.
· Inspire and build the self-confidence and success of every Team Member
· Serve our customers better than anyone else – help them succeed
· Grow the business and profitability with integrity
Advance Auto Parts isn’t just your local auto parts store. We are a fortune 500 company with a deep understanding of the importance of providing a best in class summer internship program. We are always looking for ways to better our strategies and broaden our horizons; which is why we are excited to build a diverse team of 80+ interns across the country. Advance Auto Parts offers a 10-week paid internship that hands on experience in retail and B2B sales, customer service, inventory management, ultimately a focus on leadership. Another component of the internship is being paired with an experienced mentor who will help guide your experience as you move through a series of rotations focused on learning different aspects of Advance Auto Parts business.
This isn’t a job shadow opportunity, this internship is the chance to get involved, contribute and truly experience being part of a great team. During your 10-week internship you will experience a fast-paced culture, working on a team focused on growing the business every day. You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Gain understanding of dynamics in one of AAP’s largest Distribution Centers
- Immerse yourself in the organization through hands-on work experience with a focus on Supply Chain leadership
- Understand inventory management and merchandising
- Build strong networks with leaders across the organization
- Develop leadership and influencing skills
- Interact with our top executive staff members for your final project presentation
Additional Internship Program Details:
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with our Senior Executives (including CEO)
- Various trainings throughout program that include Diversity & Inclusion Training, Career Pathing, Resume Workshop and more
- Collaborate and partner with a large intern network and other Team members across various areas of our company
- Final project presentation to leaders at end of program
In order to be successful as an AAP DC Leadership Intern, you must possess strong interpersonal, planning and organizational skills along with a strong sense of commitment. You must have a desire for continuous improvement and take initiative in your personal development and job responsibilities.
- Undergraduate student in an accredited college/university actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Management, or relevant field of study
- Rising Junior or Senior at the time of internship
- Valid driver’s license in good standing as well as access to a vehicle
- Effective oral and written communication skills (Spanish is a plus)
- Problem Solver
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to multi-task or handle competing priorities
- Interest in function/discipline
- Demonstrated leadership experiences within sports, classroom, and/or community
- Organization involvement (student, professional, or community)
- Well-developed mathematical and analytical skills.
- Must be able to analyze data, draw conclusions and create solutions and methodologies and implement them
- Gastonia, North Carolina
- Delaware, Ohio
- Kutztown, Pennsylvania
- Nashville, Tennessee
- San Bernardino, California
- Enfield, Connecticut
Relocation assistance may be available for the summer internship program