With $1,000 in his pocket, Allen Lund made the brave decision to start his own transportation brokerage company. It was 1976, when Allen Lund Company formally opened its first office in Los Angeles. Now, we have 35 offices throughout the country and continue to grow!
We are always looking for exceptional people to join our fast-paced, challenging, team-oriented work environment. Our culture fosters personal growth and commitment both in and out of the office. Our diverse workforce is key in delivering outstanding customer service and our commitment to our industry is the main component of our unmatched reputation. We hold true the value of hiring, developing, and retaining the best employees in the industry. Our management provides an open and innovative environment that promotes professional and personal growth. This is why one-half of our employees have been with ALC for over 10 years!
Why we’re Awesome!!
- Inclusive company culture
- Training and Development
- Competitive Compensation
- 100% Employer Paid Health and Wellness!
- 401k with a generous match
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Transfer Opportunities
- Share in Company ownership
- Employee Recognition program
We are looking for Interns to join our team! Interns will assist the Broker Assistants and learn about the transportation industry and the role a transportation broker plays in that. You will be exposed to the daily operations of a brokerage office and will be actively involved in entry-level activities that support the office. As you grow in experience with the team, your opportunities will increase.
- Build loads
- Set up carriers
- Update/check calls
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointments
- Update customers systems
- Update customers with critical information
- Ensure proper documentation is sent to Carrier Resources
- Contact insurance companies for proper certificates of insurance
- Update active load information into the system for the shipper and carrier tracking
- Call carriers to inquire about lanes, equipment types, and quantities. Update shipper file accordingly
- Update insurance information
- Call references
- Answer phones and distribute calls to the appropriate broker
- Support accounting function as needed
- General office duties
- Uphold the company standard following the company principles of Customer, Company, Office
You should be/have
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multitask
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Join us in making a difference! Allen Lund Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.
- In the search bar type “Student Internship” and it will lead you directly to the application.