AltaMed’s Communication department handles all internal and external communications for the organization. Be part of a team that will provide hands-on experience and will build your portfolio by enhancing your copyediting and writing skills!
- Research, gather content, write, review, edit and produce communications for internal and external vehicles including company-wide e-newsletters, company Intranet (SharePoint site), social media, public website, and press and marketing materials.
- Support team in executing communications, community relations programs, and events by writing, coordinating logistics, technology (including database use and management), presentations, as well as managing volunteers, publicity, materials and external vendor resources.
- Compose memos, transcribe notes, and research and create presentations.
- With guidance from department managers and/or Sr. Specialists, develop strategic communication plans and measure communication effectiveness, gather feedback, report findings and conclusions, and prepare action plans.
- Proofread and fact check materials.
- Support departmental administrative duties including fulfilling requests for sponsorships, ads, pictures, bios, guest counts, etc.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Coordinate with other departments the preparation for press conferences, special meetings, and events.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written ability in both long and short form styles of writing. Knowledge of AP style desired. Demonstrated ability to conduct interviews and/or research to develop written materials.
- Must be organized, detail-orientated and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Highly professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Proficient with MS Office suite and Outlook.
- Some knowledge of SharePoint Online highly desired.
- Some knowledge of Constant Contact highly desired.
- Some knowledge of HTML, Photoshop and basic design principles highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Previous internship experience highly desired. Must provide writing samples and/or portfolio.
- Interest in social media, public relations and content development.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish desired (Intermediate to fluent)
To apply, visit: https://workforcedevelopment-altamed.icims.com/jobs/12669/intern%2c-project/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=959&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420
This position is currently remote, however, final candidate will need to be available to travel to Corporate offices when offices reopen.