At Amazon, we are excited to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
· Learn more about our businesses by reviewing Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, Jeff’s 2020 Letter to Shareholders, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as where we operate around the world.
What does it look like to be an operations finance partner for a $100B and growing startup? Cutting-edge technology, automation, and a fast pace environment attract some of the brightest in operations to help us redefine our distribution network each year. To do so, we look for exceptional candidates who possess the leadership skills to influence, a bias for action, and the passion to think big while diving deep. The challenges we tackle span multiple industries and functions across our many businesses and acquisitions, all powered by the same mission—to be Earth’s most customer-centric company.
The Operations Finance Rotation Program (OFRP) intern roles are given significant responsibility from the start of their internship to drive both business and financial decisions to deliver results. OFRP Interns are expected to evaluate and quantify new business ideas, and perform data-intensive analyses to drive meaningful change and improvement to the way we serve our customers. OFRP Interns are placed in our fulfillment centers during their internship to ensure they gain the varied experience to be well-rounded leaders in our organization. This experience culminates to a final project review with senior leaders across multiple departments within operations and support functions.
· Owning and diving deep for data to support a recommendation, and driving resolution for an individual intern project.
· Conducting financial analysis to help identify capital investment requirements and/or cost reduction opportunities.
· Partnering with operational leadership and frontline associates to identify, develop, and enact process improvements within the supply chain process.
· Designing and maintaining insightful reporting to drive action of business partners
· Interpreting and communicating results on project and standard work to Finance, Operations and other department leaders.
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
· Willingness to relocate is required (Locations will vary and candidates could be placed nationwide. Position location is most heavily weighted on business need, but will also take into account individual location preference.)
· The internship program is not rotational. Candidates will support one team for the length of the internship.
· Must be able to work 40 hours a week throughout the course of the internship.
· Term: 12 weeks during the summer of 2022. Various start dates will be available to accommodate different school schedules.
· Benefits: competitive salary, relocation and housing assistance
· Opportunity: an offer for full time employment for the two year Operations Finance Rotation Program may be given after the internship. The full time program is rotational and requires a willingness to relocate multiple times throughout the two year program.
Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program (or a dual degree/submatriculation Master’s degree program you are completing concurrently with your bachelor’s degree at the same school) with a graduation conferral date between December 2022 and June 2023.
· Desire and ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
· A practical and creative approach to problem solving
· Ability to summarize and communicate important data
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills
· Commitment to self-development and proven ability to receive and action feedback
· Understanding of basic business, accounting, and finance concepts, and a working knowledge of Excel and SQL.
· Strong analytical and business sense
· Attention to detail and the ability to self-start and self-motivate
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.Please list your undergraduate school and expected graduation date within the Education section of your online application. Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, supply chain management, operations and information systems, business administration and management, mathematics, economics, or related field. Expected degree conferral should be between December 2022 and June 2023.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay for this position in Colorado is $27.34/hr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
If you would like to view a previously recorded session providing more information about the OFRP program, please visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5758029554307650573