Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including, but not limited to, Dallas, TX; Herndon, VA; Portland, OR or Seattle, WA.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and that have backgrounds from a variety of different fields. If you have experience managing full application stacks from the system (Linux or Windows) up through a custom application, managing part of a network from layer 3 and higher, or web-related programming that includes the consumption of web services we’d like to talk with you!
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT AWS?
Each day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
· Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers.
· Interact with leading engineers around the world.
· Partner with AWS teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
· Leverage customer support experience to provide feedback with AWS teams on how to improve.
· Drive customer communication during critical events.
· Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
· Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
· Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
WHY AWS SUPPORT?
· First and foremost, this is a customer support role – in the Cloud.
· On a typical day, a support engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customers’ cases through customer contact channels (e.g., telephone, email and/or web/live chat).
· You will apply troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions for our customers by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
· An AWS support engineer may also develop and train, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
· We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
· We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role. We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
· Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
· As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
· Currently working towards a Master’s Degree in Information Science/Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent technical discipline with an expected conferral date between August 2021 and August 2022 and/or completed your degree no more than 12 months ago.
· Knowledge of the software development or Internet industries.
· Knowledge of full application stacks from the OS up to custom applications
· Experience in systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing) or programming (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
· Experience in Cloud/Distributed computing technology.
· Familiarity with large scale server fleet management, network management, Hadoop environment management or Database management
Amazon Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobs based in Colorado: The pay for this position in Colorado is $83,500/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
San Francisco, CA:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, CA:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.