Apex Advisors was founded in 2001 and specializes in federal and state Research & Development (R&D) Tax Credits. The R&D Tax Credit is one of the largest tax incentive programs in the country, offering companies a credit for their investment in innovations in technology and design. As an industry leader in R&D Tax Credits, we serve a national client base in a wide range of industries, including software development, biotechnology, advanced manufacturing, architecture & engineering, and many more.
We are currently looking for a new Tax Associate to join our R&D Tax Credit processing team. The primary role of this position is to manage, input, evaluate, and process the client information necessary to calculate their R&D Tax Credit benefits. This job offers the opportunity to learn about and interact with a diverse client base, developing experience with a wide variety of company structures, industries, and accounting systems as well as a unique skillset within the field of finance and accounting.
The selected candidate will work closely with a small project team under a Senior Associate and Manager, working on select R&D projects from start to finish while maintaining client relationships and delivering exceptional work. We strongly encourage the rapid development and advancement of qualified employees, offering opportunities for promotion to management in a little as five years.
Due to the nature of the work, this job will require overtime and occasional weekend hours during the tax season.
To learn about Apex and our work, please visit www.apexadvisorsus.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000 to $65,000 per year
• Manage and organize incoming client information including tax returns, wage and hour data, and invoices
• Prepare Excel spreadsheets and models to process and interpret client data and quantify potential benefits
• Effectively coordinate with other team members
• Generate professional internal and client-facing communications
• Four-year college degree required. Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or related degrees are strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel & Word. Advanced skills in Excel preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm and client organizations
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment with a focus on customer service
• Superior organizational and project management skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment