Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Human Resources, provides support in the areas of onboarding, recognition, compliance, and employee database & records maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the employee on boarding process including, scheduling, tracking, disseminating information, coordinating the completion of new hire paperwork, and completing I-9 verifications.
- Submit the online background check request and track status.
- Create various reports as necessary (uniforms, new hires etc.).
- Conduct new hire orientation.
- Respond to employee verification requests and unemployment claims.
- Track all HR expenses on budget and generate necessary check requests within 3 days of receipt.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Human Resources Information System and compiles reports from databases.
- Distribute recognition awards to staff (birthdays, weekly, annual).
- Maintain confidentiality of employee records and HR department decisions and actions.
- Assist the HR team with day-to-day operations and the coordination of special projects.
- Provide some administrative support to Director of HR.
- Chair the Safety Committee and provide necessary support to safety team members as it relates to compliance objectives.
- Administer the termination process and prepare all HR documents for the exit interview. Conduct exit interviews with staff.
- Assist with revamping and ongoing monitoring of the Internship Program.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field preferred and minimum of two years Human Resources experience handling a variety of HR functions preferable in a community clinic or healthcare setting. Must be detailed oriented and possess strong organizational skills. Possess effective oral and written communication skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Word and Excel. Previous experience with Paycom or other HRIS application required. Bi-lingual, Spanish-English a plus.
Knowledge of recruitment and selection methods and human resources legal issues.
Ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social and economic backgrounds. Must possess the ability to follow instructions and exercise good judgment. Maintain confidentiality in sensitive situations; listen to people with varying personal and workplace needs, and maintain boundaries in all situations, Ability to thrive in a fast paced dynamic work environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California drivers license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
COVID vaccination is required and APLA Health will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.