Applied Research Associates, Inc., a mid-sized, employee-owned company, is seeking an energetic, well-organized Administrative Assistant to join our team in Arlington, Virginia. Our staff consists of a multidisciplinary team who solves problems relating to detection, exposure, health effects, and medical response as it relates to chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN), industrial, and environmental hazards. ARA is a company that offers career growth and continued success within the division and company. In addition to solving challenging problems of national importance, ARA’s Algorithms, Modeling & Assessments (AMA) Division provides opportunities for rapid career growth, strong benefits, and flexibility to prioritize your work/life balance.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As of October 1, 2021, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), in compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at the time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be asked to follow our process to request an accommodation.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is seeking an energetic, well-organized Administrative Assistant for our Arlington, VA office. The qualified candidate will have 1 – 2 years of previous experience as an Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative support tasks in support of human resources, security tasks, and other administrative support services.
Due to the work, you’ll perform and interactions with the intelligence community and DoD programs you must be a US citizen and will need to be eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
What you’ll do as an Administrative Assistant:
- Provide administrative support to the Division technical staff, including:
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Meeting preparation and support (i.e. teleconference, food, visitor log)
- Greet and check-in visitors
- Order and manage office supplies
- Manage conference room scheduling
- Submit and coordinate facilities work orders
- Other general administrative duties as assigned
- Assist the HR Administrator by performing the task below:
- Schedule and conduct phone screens of applicants
- Schedule and conduct reference checks of applicants
- Support New Hire onboarding
- Serve as the Security Assistant (prior experience is not required)
- Submit visit authorization requests (VARs)
- Conduct end-of-day security checks
- Escort uncleared visitors as necessary
Administrative Assistant Position Requirements:
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent and one to two years of related experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Administrative Assistant Position Preferences
- Active DoD security clearance
- Experience with UltiPro (UGK) Software
- Experience with SharePoint
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about the Algorithms, Modeling & Assessments Division visit our website at: www.careers.ara.com