Applied Research Associates (ARA), Inc. Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) Sector has an immediate need for an experienced security professional to serve in the role of Industrial Security Specialist in the Raleigh area. The successful applicant will perform daily security functions in support of multiple special programs and ARA employees. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As of October 1, 2021, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), in compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at the time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be asked to follow our process to request an accommodation.
Industrial Security Specialist Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing and providing security indoctrinations, debriefings, pre/post travel briefings, annual refresher briefings and other security relating trainings as required
- In-process new employees to include execution of the SF 312 Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA); Manage personnel clearances to include SCI/SAP nominations and Program Access Requests (PARs); Process visit access requests in the Defense Information Security System (DISS) and the Army Centralized Contracts and Security Portal (ACCS)
- Provide employees with personnel security guidance consistent with the 13 adjudicative guidelines to assist them in managing their clearances
- Apply physical security concepts to improve security in depth posture; Maintain Intrusion Detection and Access Control Systems in accordance with DoD, ICD 705, and UL 2050 standards
- Assist in coordinating the physical transfer of classified materials between geographically separated facilities and train staff on appropriate procedures for hand carrying classified documents
- Coordinate data transfers, scanning, and copying data to/from external media
- Coordinate classification management and classification marking guidance as needed
- Assist in identifying and planning for new special program security requirements as needed
- Maintain an effective document inventory and control program for the management, shipping and receiving of classified material
- Assist the CSSO/CPSO in ensuring SAPF and SCIF are in compliance with SCI/SAP security requirements
- Verify clearance and access levels to prepare account request forms for access to classified networks
- Establish and maintain successful working relationships with government and internal customers
Industrial Security Specialist Requirements Qualifications:
- Active Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for access to Special Access Programs
- Bachelor’s degree along with 0-2 years related experience OR 6-8 years of related experience in lieu of a degree
- Excellent written communication, report writing, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of DoD Manuals 5105.21 volumes 1-3, ICD 705, DoDM 5205.07 Vols 1-4
- Ability to interact with defense contractors, DCSA and other government representatives in a professional manner
Industrial Security Specialist Desired Qualifications:
- Active Top Secret SCI Security Clearance
- Experience using standard office tools such as Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with Access Commander or similar security database
- Experience with DISS, NISS, SWFT, ACCS or other government applications
- Knowledge of DoD Manuals 5105.21 volumes 1-3, 5200.01 volumes 1-4, 5205.07 volumes 1-3 and ICD 705
- Experience working with federal/government agencies or defense contractors
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about the Integrated Mission Systems Sector visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/