If you are looking for a career as an Information System Security Engineer Edge Solutions, and you are interested in designing, developing, and rapidly deploying cloud-based solutions to problems of national importance, then our Raleigh, NC division of ARA has an exciting opportunity worth considering. Not only will you solve challenging core problems, but you’ll also be able to grow your career in an exciting environment that promotes teamwork and cross-training in a wide range of related disciplines.
The successful candidate for this position will have a strong passion in designing and implementing edge-based solutions for new and/or existing software applications. As a valued contributor to our team, your responsibilities will include (1) managing and performing technical reviews of security accreditation artifacts and test plans (2) collaborative brainstorming and problem-solving to define requirements, objectives, and potential solutions; (3), testing and maturing software and architectures from new ideas and customer feedback as part of an agile team.
The opportunity for career advancement and continued learning at ARA does not stop there. We strive to identify cross-training opportunities and encourage staff to become involved in upcoming R&D efforts. You will have the opportunity to inject new ideas into our longstanding operational programs. At ARA, we foster an environment where technical staff are empowered to research and develop their own ideas with resources and support from a strong internal technical team and external partners. You can expect day to day to have flexibility in choosing the level of autonomy suited to you, while at the same time enjoying a challenging technical career with great opportunities for personal growth.
Information System Security Engineer Edge Solutions Position Requirements:
- Must currently hold an active TS/SCI Clearance
- BS Degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology Management, or a closely related field along with 7-9 years of experience OR MS degree with 5-7 years of experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), developing security documentation in support of achieving authority to operate
- Experience in enterprise software test development, Software as a Service, distributed systems, database internals, and/or analytics
- Experience working with enterprise technologies including HBSS, ArcSight, Carbon Black-Response, and ACAS
- Experience with reviewing system architecture and providing security assessments
- Experience with reviewing/applying updates to IAVM/STIG findings, developing Ports, Protocols and Service Management (PPSM), and firewall change requests
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Primary work location National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency-East, limited telecommuting available
- Security + Certification
Information System Security Engineer Edge Solutions Preferences:
- Experience with DoD accreditation process
- Experience managing and maintaining system compliance with mandated Revamp designation
- Implementing security architecture based on Enterprise mandated security services
- Current IC badge
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/