The Computer Vision and Remote Sensing Group at Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is looking for applied scientists and engineers to join our team operating at the forefront of Computer Vision technology applied to satellite and aerial imagery. We collaborate with world-renowned universities in computer vision, photogrammetry, and remote sensing to find innovative solutions to challenging real-world problems. Candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit who seek a research career within a stable industry work environment are encouraged to apply.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As of October 1, 2021, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), in compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at the time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be asked to follow our process to request an accommodation.
Mid-Level Applied Scientist / Research Engineer, Computer Vision Position Highlights:
- Design and implement solutions for challenging real-world application areas such as 3D reconstruction using satellite and aerial data, 2D/3D object detection/segmentation, object modeling, multi-sensor fusion, and more
- Work closely with university research teams with expertise in computer vision, photogrammetry, and remote sensing
- Cross-train with a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and developers passionate about technology
- Opportunity for professional growth and mentorship
Mid-Level Applied Scientist / Research Engineer, Computer Vision Required Qualifications:
- US citizenship required (green card holders are not eligible for this position)
- Eligibility to apply for and hold a U.S. security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment)
- MS in Computer Vision, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar technical field along with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Solid 3D computer vision fundamentals and understanding of multiple view geometry problems
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts
- Programming experience in Python and/or C++
- Team player with strong presentation and written/oral communication skills
- Please see our similar career postings in the Computer Vision and Remote Sensing group for other experience levels (Staff, Senior)
Mid-Level Applied Scientist / Research Engineer, Computer Vision Desirable Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar technical field along with 1+ years of relevant experience with demonstrating technical algorithm development
- Experience with one or more 3D computer vision techniques such as camera calibration, pose estimation, SLAM and/or SfM & multi-view stereo
- Experience with machine learning, especially vision models
- Experience with satellite imagery, aerial imagery, photogrammetry
- Experience developing geospatial applications
- Experience working on intelligence and DoD programs
- Prior/existing security clearance
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/