As a Scrum Master within the NuCS and MINES teams, you will be at the core of two key development efforts that provide nuclear weapon environments and effects to the Department of Defense for technical analysis, decision making, wargaming, and training purposes.
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate multiple Agile teams to deliver feature functionality, defects resolution, and scale and performance improvements
- Lead Agile ceremonies, contribute to customer meetings and demos and facilitate project management
- Drive high performance and collaboration in teams and interact with all members of the organization
- Proactively identify, manage and communicate impediments to expedite resolution
- Drive scrum team accountability for ensuring the sprint commitment
- Own tracking and reporting of goals
- Ability to manage conflict and facilitate issues, working for the success of the entire team
- Facilitate change management activities with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
Due to the work you’ll perform, you must be a US citizen and eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 years of experience (or 8-10 years of experience in lieu of a degree) as a scrum master, during which time you improved team performance with software development teams using Scrum/Agile
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of software development processes and life cycle
- Experience with Jira/Confluence/related SW project management tools a plus
- The ability to work independently and figure things out
- Desire to continually improve and learn
- Excellent time management skills. You can pivot quickly from one contextual focus to another easily
- Previous experience as a technical contributor to a scrum team, i.e., writing code
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/