ARA is looking for a talented person with a blend of experience in intelligence analysis, data system streamlining/process improvement, and computer technology (hardware, software, databases). More specifically, someone who knows how intelligence data is searched, stored, used, processed, shared, moved, and communicated; and can: 1) Interview intelligence analysts to analyze the MIDB production process and human interaction with MIDB; 2) Identify/establish best practices, and 3) Work with software developers and IT professionals to implement new and automated systems.
This position seeks someone with significant analytical skills, people/communication skills, and innovative thinking to analyze intelligence community data-flows/data usage and recommends ideal data system enhancements or overhauls (To identify what “right” should look like regarding technology supporting the next generation of analysts).
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As of October 1, 2021, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), in compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at the time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be asked to follow our process to request an accommodation.
Senior Business Analyst for Intelligence Data Systems Duties:
Responsible for conducting an analysis of the DoD Modernized Integrated Database (MIDB) production process – including conducting analyst interviews – for many customer Functional Production Areas (FPAs) within MIDB to include targeting; and evaluate and deconstruct each FPA’s SOPs or Object-Based Production (OBP) processes. Establishes best practices and business rules for analyst workflows and develops technical and transitional strategies that address existing foundational intelligence holdings and needs. Documents the analysis of all MIDB FPAs and identifies changes and process improvements that DIA could implement to streamline and re-imagine how it describes the record.
This position will work closely with software developers, database engineers, data analysts, and data engineers tasked to implement advanced methods such as artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance the analysis process. This position is instrumental in the modernization process because it brings our customer’s analyst needs to our developers. (All development must be mappable to analyst needs, and this position provides the primary interface with those analysts.)
Senior Business Analyst for Intelligence Data Systems Required Experience & Skills:
- Must be a US Citizen with an active TS clearance with SCI eligibility and willing to submit to a counterintelligence (CI) polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-9 years of work within the DoD and/or Intelligence Community (includes Services)
- Data Analysis (8+ years)
- Working in a classified US Government environment (5+ years)
- Personal interaction with government or military personnel (3+ years)
- Good with people – important when interviewing our govt analyst customer
- Experience with one or more of the following: business analysis, computer systems analysis, and data-centric process improvement
- Experience with data, databases, and computer programming
- Must possess an innate aptitude for system optimization. (Someone who likes investigating how a data-driven environment works and can be improved with technology.)
Senior Business Analyst for Intelligence Data Systems Preferred Experience & Skills:
Above all, we value passion, a desire to learn, and teamwork. We are confident that if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and skillset that you could succeed in the role. In addition to the experience and skills above, if you have any of the following you will be able to accelerate your effectiveness and impact.
- Active TS-SCI security clearance
- CI polygraph taken within past 5 years
- Master’s degree in applicable field (intelligence analysis, computer science, information technology, the field of study at the National Defense Intelligence College, etc.)
- Data analysis work within Intelligence Community (includes Services) (12+ years)
- Intelligence analysis experience
- Experience with one or more of the following: business analysis, computer systems analysis, and data-centric process improvement. (6+ years)
- Experience with computer programming (2+ years)
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/