At ARA, we strive to hire valuable colleagues with not only the right skills, but also demonstrate our core values of passion, freedom, service, and growth. As a Senior Cloud Security Engineer on our team, you are the backbone of our strategic initiatives and will be responsible for developing technology critical to the success of our projects as well as national security.
You will be working on a team that is developing a suite of web/cloud-based software tools–ranging from web applications to back-end systems–that support America’s military wargaming and training missions. You will work with a multi-disciplinary collaborative team of cloud engineers, software engineers, and security specialists to design and implement multiple secure cloud-based software development and production environments. You will be part of our employee-owned international research and engineering company. ARA is recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. As a member of this team, you will:
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation, and evaluation of information system security program policy.
- Manage onboarding/offboarding of users to the cloud environment (DD2875)
- Lead Incident Response team acting on system audit alerts in a timely manner
- Perform recurring review of required audit and scanning tool results
- Lead the patch management of cloud assets
- Develop and maintain Risk Management Framework (RMF) System Security Plan (SSP) and additional Body of Evidence (BoE) documents.
- Understanding of Cloud Security Best practices and ability to demonstrate capabilities during Assessment.
- Ability to track and update annual requirements to remain compliant with existing Risk Management Framework (RMF) Body of Evidence (BoE)
- You will be working closely with a collaborative team so your team player personality and excellent written/oral communication skills will be essential
Senior Cloud Security Engineer Required Experience & Skills:
- Due to the work, you’ll perform and interactions with DoD programs you will need to be a US citizen with an active Secret Security clearance.
- B.S. degree in Cyber Security/Information Systems or a related field with 7-9 years of relevant experience, OR Masters and 5-7 years of experience
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certified
- DoD 8570 IAM Level 2 Certified
- Experience with eMASS for developing and maintaining RMF SSP and Body of Evidence (BoE) documents
- Work with HBSS and ACAS and capable of operating these applications within a deployed environment
Preferred Experience & Skills as a Senior Cloud Security Engineer:
Above all, we value passion, a desire to learn, and teamwork. We are confident that if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and skillset that you could succeed in the role. In addition to the experience and skills above, if you have any of the following you will be able to accelerate your effectiveness and impact.
- AWS Certifications
- ACAS & HBSS Certified
- Linux Certification (RHCSA, LFCS, Linux+)
- Experience Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Willingness to expand into other technical skills
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/