This Senior Cyber Subject Matter Expert (SME) understands the capture process and lifecycle of the development of technical cyber efforts. Execution of these responsibilities will require the ability to create solutions by synthesizing creative support, mission strategy, industry standards, processes, and technology to achieve the program objectives.
The successful applicant will join a multi-discipline distributed team and integrate existing products, industry architecture methods, and emerging technologies to solve our customers’ complex IT/cyber challenges.
Senior Cyber Subject Matter Expert (SME) Primary Responsibilities:
The Principal Cyber Engineer will provide cyber management services to government agencies related to threats in Cyberspace Operations. You will also manage cyber development projects with Agile Software Development methodology to balance user requirements with technical realities. This position may provide customized training and documentation for software products. This position plans and facilitates exercises focused on Cyberspace Operations in support of military operations.
Senior Cyber Subject Matter Expert (SME) Additional Responsibilities:
- Testing and researching vulnerabilities in Windows and Linux operating systems
- Work with developers on maintenance and feature development of proprietary software
- Attend SCRUMs and make recommendations to software development
- Provide oversite of projects and analyze system security to identify and mitigate risks
- Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the development of critical cybersecurity procedures and key resources
- Provide guidance and manage the testing of existing software development and new technologies
- Routinely provide guidance to and assists in the training of less experienced staff
Senior Cyber Subject Matter Expert (SME) Requirements:
- Position requires a Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with 12-15 years of experience OR 18-20 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Must have experience related to Cyber Security Engineering
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including negotiations experience
- Strong technical background with the ability to continually evaluate the needs of new and emerging technologies
- Working knowledge of industry best practices in IT/cyber security
Senior Cyber Subject Matter Expert (SME) Desired Skills:
- Cyberspace Operations experience/fusion centers experience desirable
- Cyberspace Operations Operator Course graduate desired
- Cloud Computing (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google)
- Diverse Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, RHEL, etc.)
- Wireless Networking Experience
- Platforms: Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Cisco IOS
- Networking: TCP/IP, Switching, Routing, Firewall, VPN
- Tools: Antivirus Utilities, Wireshark, Metasploit, Nessus vulnerability scanner, Splunk, Microsoft Office, VMware ESXi and Workstation, PGP
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/