At Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), we strive to hire valuable colleagues with not only the right skills, but who also demonstrate our core values of passion, freedom, service, and growth. Our Computer Vision and Remote Sensing Group is looking for Senior Software Developers to support our research development scientists and engineers working at the forefront of Computer Vision technology applied to satellite and drone imagery.
As a Senior Software Developer on our team, your contributions will be critical to the successful development and deployment of our big data analytics solutions to multiple customers in the United States Intelligence and Defense communities, and life cycle operation of these solutions in support of national security.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As of October 1, 2021, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), in compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be asked to follow our process to request an accommodation.
Senior Software Developer, Computer Vision and Remote Sensing Position Highlights:
- Develop software and APIs in Python, C++, and Go on Linux and Windows
- Profile CPU, GPU, I/O, and memory performance to identify bottlenecks
- Work with team members to optimize software around identified bottlenecks
- Convert prototype code into fault-tolerant, production-ready modules
- Integrate user authentication and other access controls
- Work within a Gitlab-based CI/CD framework
- Cross-train with a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and developers passionate about technology
- Opportunity for professional growth and strong mentorship
Senior Software Developer, Computer Vision and Remote Sensing Required Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen with eligibility to apply for and hold a U.S. security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or similar technical field (7-9 years of experience with BS; 5-7 years with MS). Please see our similar career postings in the Computer Vision and Remote Sensing group for other experience levels (Staff)
- Mastery of Python programming
- Expertise with C++ programming
- Expertise in modern professional software engineering practices
- Experience developing large Python or C++ applications
- Linux experience (RHEL, CentOS)
- Team player with strong presentation and written/oral communication skills
Senior Software Developer, Computer Vision and Remote Sensing Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience developing and deploying containerized software using Docker or Podman with services such as Kubernetes
- Experience in the Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure cloud environments with certifications
- Experience developing and deploying software to DoD IA requirements
- Experience working on intelligence and DoD programs
- Prior/existing security clearance
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/