At ARA, we strive to hire valuable colleagues with not only the right skills, but also demonstrate our core values of passion, freedom, service, and growth. If you are an enthusiastic and motivated HR Specialist who can support our fast-growing Division we want to speak with you!
As the Staff Human Resource Specialist you will:
- Provide HR support to our local employees as well as our satellite offices and government site employees
- Perform general administrative HR functions including maintaining employee files, document retention, processing changes to employee records in HRIS system, processing and tracking leave requests, and maintaining HR data, forms, and documents
- Assist employees with Benefit questions/administration
- Coordinate payroll and time reporting with the corporate office
- Assist HR Manager/team with additional HR-related administrative tasks as needed
Staff Human Resources Specialist Requirements:
- BS Degree in HR or Business Administration
- 2-4 years of experience in Human Resources or related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and work successfully in HR Information Systems (HRIS)
Staff Human Resources Specialist Preferences:
- Previous experience with HRIS systems (Ideally UltiPro)
- Experience with Deltek Time Reporting Application
- Familiarity with the government/defense industry is a plus
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/