Are you ready for a new type of challenge? Kickstart your professional life by joining a diverse community of students for a term interning, studying, and exploring life in Philadelphia!
Based in Center City Philadelphia, Intern Philly lets you apply your on-campus learning to real-world work situations. Engaging program courses use Philadelphia as your classroom while providing major, minor and general education credit.
Intern Philly offers…
- Customized internship placements across Philadelphia in a wide variety of fields
- Courses in Center City –– the heart of downtown –– that get you out of the classroom to engage the professional, social, and cultural diversity of the city, as well as bring that diversity of perspective and experience into the classroom
- Mentoring at your internship and from program faculty and staff that allows time to discuss and reflect on your experiences studying and working in Philadelphia, with an eye toward building your independence, adaptability, initiative-taking, problem solving skills, and resilience sought by employers
- Networking opportunities with other young urban professionals, as well as interview skills training and guidance on writing resumes and cover letters and networking pitches
- Health, safety and student life guidance to help you learn to navigate the city
- Course credits vary by term – Summer: 4- 8 credits or Semester: 12-15 credits
- Program fees vary by term
- Arcadia sponsored excursions and activities included
- Housing is not included.