Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Arup’s Americas communications team takes pride in being a purpose-driven team making a significant impact at the regional and global scale. We’re fiercely collaborative, ambitious, and engaged in our pursuit of communications excellence.
Arup’s communications team is looking for a curious, energetic, and thoughtful collaborator interested in trying their hand at a variety of communications-related projects and initiatives. This role focuses on learning with a growth mindset, ideation and experimentation, campaign and content creation, and team- and relationship-building skills in a professional environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Help develop and edit communications content
- Participate in communications strategy and planning
- Research and help coordinate upcoming conferences, PR opportunities, and other activities
- Maintain and update communications materials and databases
- Work closely with marketing and communications teams
- Miscellaneous duties as required
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Creative Writing, Marketing, or related
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Strong storytelling, writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience with the following computer applications: Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Experience or interest in the innovation, design and construction industry preferred, knowledge of Architecture/Engineering field helpful
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines with great attention to detail
- Ability to find and tell great stories
- Maintain an enthusiastic approach to working with deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks to support the needs of the team
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen’s Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.