Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Arup is looking for a Marketing Intern to support the Marketing/Business Development Team in various Arup office locations. Working within a highly-collaborative team, you will have opportunities to engage and interact with local, regional, and global staff members and leaders. With a focus on design and the built environment, there is no short supply of task diversity – from delivering winning proposals to creating high-impact collateral, or developing client-focused strategies to working with robust knowledge and operational systems.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist with coordination of internal and external events
- Assist in conducting searches for EOIs, RFP’s , and RFQs
- Work with other team members to produce proposals
- Research and gather information for upcoming projects
- Managing meeting bookings, creating and disseminating meeting minutes
- Research (internet-based) various markets to identify project leads
- Manage information in databases related to client engagement
- Update and maintain information in our Client Relationship Management database
- Assist in preparing brochures and other collateral materials
- Maintain a database / calendar of conferences, award submittal deadlines, speaking engagement deadlines and other BD / networking activities
- Maintain deadlines and event entries in a marketing calendar
- Assist with coordination and preparation of seminars, events, conferences and speaking opportunities
- Organizes and participates in local industry events relevant to the firm
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher (open to all majors- marketing, engineering, architectural studies, history, etc,)
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong collaboration skills and a proactive attitude, with an ability to work within a team environment and with staff of all levels
- Experience with the following computer applications: Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
- Availability to work flexible hours when required
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines with great attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of new tasks on a project by project basis
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision, and take ownership of work
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator an asset
- Experience with a CRM system an asset
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen’s Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.