This is a career position to learn the lucrative aerospace industry and ASAP Semiconductor will train potential candidates in United States export regulations, quality assurance standards, sales, and buying. The ideal candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills. The employee will obtain and provide prices and freight costs of parts to sales representatives and also learn about market analysis & aerospace stock buys. This is a career opportunity with plenty of potential for growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate parts, determine when products are available, confirm with suppliers that stock is available, and confirm that there are not any hidden lead times that would delay orders.
- Communicate with each supplier’s appropriate departments regarding supply chain issues.
- Work with suppliers such as OEMs, contract manufacturers, independent distributors, and authorized distributors.
- Work with customers such as the U.S. Department of Defense & other federal, state, and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies, independent distributors, and manufacturers.
- Negotiate prices with top manufacturers such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, Honeywell, Gulfstream, and others.
- Set up new accounts for original equipment manufacturers and authorized distributors with ASAP Semiconductor.
- Follow up on pending orders.
- Read through customer purchase orders to ensure that we can meet the requirements of the purchase order and relay to sales representatives as or when needed.
- Compare the customer’s purchase order with the supplier’s quote to ensure document conformity for products sold and bought.
- Run compliance checks on customers, intermediate consignees, ultimate consignees, and end-users for potential red flags so as to relay them to the CEO or corporate compliance counsel.
- Vet international customers and end-user applications to ensure they are compliant with United States export law.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with customers and suppliers.
About The Company:
ASAP Semiconductor is a leading wholesale distributor of aviation and aerospace parts as well as electronic components of all types, ranging from integrated circuits to semiconductors and lesser electronics. We are a fast paced, high growth company looking to expand our team in the aerospace and defense, aviation, electronic, and IT hardware industries. In 2013, ASAP Semiconductor was listed as #16 for the Fastest Growing Private Businesses in Orange County, California by the Orange County Business Journal, proving our quick success during our formative years. Furthermore, the Inc. 5000 magazine ranked ASAP Semiconductor 1212 out of 5000 of the Fastest Growing Privately Held companies in the country in 2016 and 3280 out of 5000 in 2020. In less than 10 years, ASAP Semiconductor has grown to be one of the Top 50 Distributors Worldwide and we have set our sights on climbing that list day in and day out! Everyone here is fully committed to growing this company into one of the largest distributors!
Here at ASAP, we fulfill requirements for Tier 1 Department of Defense contractors, Fortune 500 OEMs and contract manufacturers, national flag carrier airlines, and repair stations alike. We also excel in providing solutions to logistical challenges and product obsolescence.
ASAP is a group of very smart, driven, and hard-working individuals with an entrepreneurship mindset who care very deeply about the success of the company in addition to themselves. We are looking for individuals who have a positive mindset and collaborate well with others. The long-term and short-term goals of the company are aligned with the employee’s success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work on fast-paced AOG orders
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Understand terms of sales transactions
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office
- College education preferred