ATA ENGINEERING, INC.
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Intern
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Director
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: ATA Engineering is an employee owned, engineering, consulting company seeking an organized and motivated individual to fill our entry-level, HR Generalist role. The position will assist with the administration of various HR functions including: recruitment, HRIS, benefits, safety programs, training, event planning, along with various policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will be a resource for all company offices and personnel requiring assistance with the administration or clarification of HR systems, benefits, or policies with a key focus on creating and maintaining positive employee morale, education, and participation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate attention to detail and uphold company and employee confidentiality best practices.
- Cross-train with the existing Human Resources team to gain familiarity with various HR functions, policies, and tasks effecting employees and business operations.
- Play a role in attracting and retaining top industry talent by posting career opportunities on various job boards while working with the Human Resources team to conduct meaningful recruitment outreach and facilitate quick candidate response times.
- Participate in resume review, interview scheduling, and onboarding.
- Help to maintain the company’s HRIS and related systems.
- Acquire a basic understanding of all company benefit offerings and supporting resources.
- Plan and organize company social events, collect data and RSVPs, and serve as the on-site point of contact on the day or evening of the event.
- Collaborate with the HR team to measure, track, and report results of HR efforts, employee participation, and feedback for improvement.
- Actively promote initiatives relating to corporate social responsibility and employee ownership.
- Support the day to day communication and consistent administration of HR policies and procedures as outlined in the company’s Employee Handbook.
- Obtain feedback from employees and management aimed at improving the support of the HR function.
- Assist with the training of employees as needed for compliance, system upgrades, and new policies.
- Become an office safety ambassador and maintain the company’s Business Continuity Plan.
- Assist with additional administrative tasks as needed.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
- Bachelor’s degree in process for majors including: communications, business administration, management, public relations, or other relevant discipline with excellent academic record.
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience preferably in a professional or technical setting.
- Open to pursuing either PHR-CA or SHRM-CP certification within the next 5 years.
- Interest in engineering.
- Ability to prioritize work, proactively plan, and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Professional dress, appearance, and demeanor.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to spend long periods of time sitting at a computer, standing, or in an active state is required in order to coordinate various event types within diverse environments.
HOW TO APPLY
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to HR Director, email@example.com
Or mail them to: Director, Human Resources ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.