Atara is looking for a motivated and hardworking graduate student wanting to get exposure to the Talent Management function within the People (Human Resources) team. If you like to learn, collaborate and be part of talent and culture-building projects this role might be for you!
The People summer internship program will be approximately 12 weeks and involve getting exposure to projects that align with Atara’s business objectives. Projects will support the People functional areas of Talent Development and Diversity & Inclusion. The graduate-level intern will work cross-functionally, meet with senior management, and experience professional development through peer interaction and 1-on-1 coaching from the Sr. Director, Talent Management and other People team members. In addition, the graduate intern will virtually attend lunch and learns, company culture events, and conclude their summer with an executive presentation of their project.
Location: Remote or Thousand Oaks with mix between on-site and remote
Internship work and experiences may include any of the below mentioned activities. Other People responsibilities may be assigned as well based on business need or learning opportunities.
- Supports the curation and development of employee resources and tools
- Supports special projects for People initiatives, talent management and diversity
- Helps plan diversity and inclusion events and employee spotlights
- Develops communication for various projects and stakeholders
- Participates in People Team and Culture Champion meetings and related events
- Compiles and analyzes data for talent management metrics
- Owns the conceptualization and/or development of up to 2 projects
- Supports Sr. Director and Director of Talent Development on various tasks/initiatives
- Pursuing Master’s or graduate-level degree in Communication, HR, Organizational Management, I/O Psychology, or related field
- 3.0 GPA and above
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have the ability to get work authorization
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Power Point, Word and Excel
- Self-motivated, flexible and creative, able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Action-oriented, self-starter who is organized, resourceful, and flexible
- Team player mentality; collaborates cross-functionality and can work independently with minimal oversight
- Able to take ownership of an assignment, proactively consulting other team members and other department representatives for information or guidance, as necessary
- Desire to learn about and gain exposure to the areas of talent development, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, and culture-building
- General understanding of biopharmaceutical development, clinical research, biologics manufacturing, cell therapy manufacturing, and project management
- Role model for Atara values: Transparency, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Trust