People at Atara are high integrity, collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeve types who are deeply committed to putting patients first and advancing medical care with demonstrated urgency. With many accomplished people at Atara, we share transparency, respect, accountability, integrity, and trust in our approach to advance our therapies. We each enjoy in the journey of advancing cutting edge programs, while responsibly teaching and learning together along the way.
The Atara team takes on meaningful challenges, so each day is an adventure. We work hard and have some fun along the way. Whether on a task or enjoying an easy-going social connection with your colleagues, you’ll be surrounded by others who share the same values and passion. You’re signing on to more than a company; being at Atara is a commitment to excellence and service to patients.
Financial Planning & Analysis Summer Interns will be assigned high visibility projects that align with Atara’s key business objectives in a dynamic and exciting cell therapy start-up biotech environment. Projects may include but are not limited to supporting functional areas such as Manufacturing, Commercial, Research and Development, and Corporate.
Interns will have the ability to work cross-functionally, meet with key executives, and be coached by some of the best finance leaders in the industry. Interns will also be assigned a mentor, attend executive lunch and learns, attend great company culture events, and conclude their summer with an executive presentation of their project.
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA with possibility for Flex Schedule (mix between on-site and remote)
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be in between Junior and Senior year of Undergraduate program majoring in finance, accounting, economics, business management, or related discipline as of summer 2022.
- 3.2 GPA and above.
- Must have the ability to get work authorization.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- General understanding of biopharmaceutical commercialization process and project management.
- Self-motivated, flexible and creative, able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Must be a self-starter, collaborates cross-functionally, and can work independently with minimal functional oversight.
- Effective interpersonal skills as a team player.
- Able to take ownership of a given assignment, proactively consulting other team members and other department representatives for information or guidance, as necessary.
- Role model for Atara’s values of Transparency, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Trust.