Finance Early Career Program(Default)
- 8080 Norton Pkwy, Mentor, OH 44060, USA
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
What we are looking for
Avery Dennison’s North America Finance Early Career Program runs with a single business focus to build talent for our rapidly growing organization. With a concentrated blend of experiential on-the-job learning and classroom and virtual training, the ECP serves as the talent pipeline for leadership roles throughout the region.
We are searching for meticulous individuals who are looking to craft a successful and influential career in finance to be our next Finance Associates (FECP). FECP Associates receive in-depth exposure to various geographic and functional parts of the organization by rotating through three different positions over the course of 36 months. These positions are the equivalent of three full-time positions that will give you real world experience. The position is based in Mentor, Ohio – outside Cleveland. We are only considering individuals who are passionate about relocating to Northeast Ohio.
The FECP Associate typically rotates through some of the following roles:
- Commercial Finance
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Operations Finance
- Corporate Accounting
What you will be doing
The primary roles and responsibilities of the FECP will be grounded in the needs of the business and tailored to the individual strengths and interests. However, the work that you will be doing will provide you with the following opportunities:
- Gain real world exposure: Our associates work in positions that have direct impact on our organizations objectives, goals, strategies and measures
- Work cross-functionally: Work closely with finance peers and to provide financial support to teams across the North American Label and Graphic Materials Group
- Develop key skills: Grow skills and proficiencies in areas such as forecasting, financial planning & analysis, business partnership, accounting, cost accounting and close processes.
- Seek target assignments: Support projects and assignments that have a direct impact on the business such as Monthly Forecasting, Month End and Quarter End reporting requirements, and Annual Operating Plan and Strategic Plan processes
What sets us apart
Avery Dennison’s Early Career Program (ECP) is unlike any other with its emphasis on networking, community and support. From Day 1, networking is encouraged, promoted and expected within the program. As you are on-boarded with other ECP associates from the various tracks, you quickly develop a community with new, current, and recently graduated associates all committed to make sure you have what it takes to succeed.
A core component of the curriculum is the mentoring program. Paired with a leader within the organization, the program focuses on the transition from college to corporate, leveraging strengths and defining your career path.
In addition as an organization that values diversity and inclusion, we encourage our associates to take an active role in our Employee Resource Groups(ERG’s). ERG’s are a group of employees that help advance and promote diversity, cultural awareness and an inclusive work environment. Some of our ERG’s are Black Employee Resource Group (BERG), Elevate(Woman’s), NEO Chinese Association, Unite(LGBT+), Veteran Employee Resource Group (VERG), and Voz Latina.
What you will need to bring to the program
Avery Dennison has a long history of being an industry leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, or related field required. Expected graduation date should be May 2022 (to start in June 2022) or December 2022 (to start in January 2023)
- Previous internship or co-op experience required or relevant work experience
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills, and experience in building financial models (a plus)
- Experience via student organizations, such as Beta Alpha Psi, Association of Latino Professionals of America, Multicultural Business Association, etc.
- Volunteerism or similar activities
- Ability to travel up to 10 percent of the time
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Reasonable Accomodation Notice
If you require accomodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440-534-6080 or email@example.com to discuss reasonable options.