*This is a temporary to potential hire opportunity*
Bay Cities, an Employee Owned Company, is the leading creative packaging and display partner to brand marketers, retailers and e-commerce. Our passion, experience, technology and consumer insights move product and drive sales.
Our Passion Powers Your Product
Creativity: Our ideas create Client success.
Passion: We have heart with a Customer Service attitude.
Integrity: We honor our business & planet with sustainable practices.
Responsible: We own it!
Safe: Our safe work habits protect us all.
Fun: We take our work seriously- not ourselves!
The Pre-Production Coordinator reviews and provides the proper production information and tooling necessary to fulfill customer needs. This role interacts with vendors regarding material needs, within the department for technical and overflow support and with the production and customer service departments concerning job card information and material needs availability.
- Checks sheet size against specs to verify correct trim and drawing on job card. Inspects job cards for other discrepancies.
- Obtains quotes for printing and cutting dies.
- Creates Mylars for outside vendors and for production.
- Places purchase orders with outside vendors for tooling and orders lithographs.
- Requests color samples from the ink kitchen.
- Makes mock-ups, if required.
- Updates Master scheduler regarding tooling, job cards etc.
- Creates print cards for production.
- Books purchase orders.
- Inspects incoming tooling and labels.
- Gets tap off approvals.
- Releases job cards to production.
- Performs press checks.
- Keeps track of tooling and solid print dies.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- High school diploma or GED equivalency. Some college with Operations or Supply Chain Management, a plus.
- 2-3 years’ experience in corrugated, a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills: Ability to communicate with customers and vendor representatives as well as with internal production and customer service personnel.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be flexible according to changing deadlines.
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity of corrugated industry, POP displays, graphics or design is a plus.
- Working knowledge of printing processes, cutting dies, print plates and corrugated production conversion methods is a plus.
- Strong computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Consistently conducts themselves in an honest and trustworthy manner. Does not pursue their own individual objectives to the detriment of company goals. Sets an example for others to follow. Does the right thing.
- Demonstrates energy and passion about what they do and knows how to balance work and fun. Is generally optimistic and upbeat; fun to be around. Has a strong belief and zeal for the industry, the job, and the company. Conveys energy and intensity at work with a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved.
- Operates with a customer service orientation internally and externally. Works to positively build the Bay Cities brand in everything he/she does. Builds strong, positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Acts as an owner of the business and instills that same attitude and level of action in others. Is proactive in taking responsibility for all outcomes/results and avoids ‘pointing fingers’. Helps to create and maintain a strong feeling of belonging in the immediate and overall team.
- Regularly involves others in decisions that affect their job or work environment. Demonstrates co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams across organizational boundaries. Participates as a team player and establishes strong working relationships to deliver positive results.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation. Uses time effectively, prioritizes and organizes work flow; can orchestrate multiple activities at once. Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external. Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation).
- Minimal local travel required.
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.
- Bay Cities Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V