Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking several IT professionals; we have openings for both recent graduates and experienced professionals.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
The IT Project Manager is a project-oriented position responsible for the oversight of the development, deployment, and remote support of maintenance of local area networks and associated custom software used in the administration, operation, and maintenance of nuclear reactors.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Researching and preparing written technical recommendations on network hardware and software products.
- Developing system design and performance specifications, test requirements, and security implementation of network and communication hardware and software.
- Performing project oversight and follow of supplier design, supplier testing, and supplier procedure development.
- Reviewing, verifying, and approving of supplier design submittals including procedures for installation, operations, and troubleshooting of network hardware and software products.
- Providing written technical support to end users to troubleshoot and resolve network or software functional issues.
- Conducting independent verification of operation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Supporting implementation and documentation of cybersecurity compliance with government requirements.
- Communicating extensively internally as well as with external customer and supplier personnel.
- Performing project oversight of the installation of network hardware and software products at end destinations.
- Experience with any of the following is preferred: network administration, virtualization (VMWare), network communication architecture, cybersecurity, configuration and use of network firewalls, backup and recovery software methodologies, support of IT networks, or knowledge of network hardware.
- Demonstrated ability of effective written and oral communication skills and creative problem solving capabilities is strongly desired.
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for newer college graduates.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
- Some travel may be required (up to 10%)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training
Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.