Blue Shield of California’s mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. We are transforming health care in a way that truly serves our nonprofit mission by lowering costs, improving quality, and enhancing the member and physician experience.
To fulfill our mission, we must ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and fully contribute to meet the needs of the multifaceted communities we serve. Our comprehensive approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion combines a focus on our people, processes, and systems with a deep commitment to promoting social justice and health equity through our products, business practices, and presence as a corporate citizen.
Blue Shield has received awards and recognition for being a certified Great Place to Work, best place to work for LGBTQ equality, leading disability employer, one of the best companies for women to advance, Bay Area’s top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world’s most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we are striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in – join us!
The Total Rewards & People Operations Intern team works on building a comprehensive Total Rewards package for the organization that includes competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, retirement benefits, and recognition programs. Our goal is to offer you relevant benefits that give you flexibility and choice during all stages of your life. The Total Rewards & People Operations Intern will report to the Program Manager, Consultant – Change Management.
In this role you will play a key role as part of the Total Rewards & People Operations team in delving and collaborating on all aspects of Year-End performance for the organization and support for the annual planning process and other projects as needed. This position will be remote, and hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Must willing to work 25 hours minimum, but will consider full time candidates. This position will pay $25 per hour.
In this role, you will:
- Facilitating weekly year-end project core team meetings
- Bi-weekly meetings with the Strategic planning & Performance team and extended core team
- Update project plan and callout any potential issues and raise to appropriate SME
- Flag status updates in review meetings
- Escalate issues for immediate resolution with Program Manager
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or must be receiving Bachelor’s degree by May/June 2022
- 6 months of HR experience strongly preferred
- Strong Excel Skills
- Experience providing project management support required
- Detail oriented & high level of organization
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Honest. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and integrity standards. We build trust by doing what we say we’re going to do and by acknowledging and correcting where we fall short
- Human. We strive to be our authentic selves, listening and communicating effectively, and showing empathy towards others by walking in their shoes
- Courageous. We stand up for what we believe in and are committed to the hard work necessary to achieve our ambitious goals