What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Accounting Advisory Overview
BPM’s Business & Outsourcing Accounting Service team (internally referred to as the Business Enterprise Service Team or “BEST”) provides comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run companies, including family-owned businesses and start-ups. We do this by providing outsources accounting services, cash flow modeling, financial reporting. We also represent companies in securing loans and financing, develop succession plans and exit strategies, and support company growth through tax planning, risk management, system and processes optimization, audit preparation, and merger and acquisition integration.
In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business Enterprise Services Team (BEST) works with clients on their ERP system implementation needs, introducing and utilizing technology, to streamline their accounting processes and procedures.
The BEST Apprenticeship Program:
- Designed for Junior, Senior and/or Transfer Students with an interest in a career in professional services and/or public accounting
- One-year and/or Two-year Tracks: The one-year track is for an apprentice who works four or five days per week. The two-year track is for the apprentice who works two days per week
- The successful candidate will “graduate” to Associate Level I (full-time) upon completion of either program and upon receipt of a Bachelor or Master’s degree
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking professionals
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s“Best Place to Work”and“Best Large Firm to Work for in the Nation” by Accounting Today
You Have (Requirements):
- Interest in a career in client service and / or public accounting
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in a BS/BA/MS in Accounting Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or Accounting;
- Intent to graduate with the qualifying number of units to sit for the CPA exam.
- Ninja-like Excel skills(Pivot,VLOOKUP tables,merge tables,and macros a plus)
- Positive, enthusiastic energy
- The people skills to work with individuals inside and outside of the organization
- A forward-thinking and hands-on approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn
- Leadership skills
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Actively participate in out-sourced accounting services for Clients
- Learn the process and procedures of the life cycle of accounting through hands-on experience
- Develop a strong accounting foundation through job experience and hands-on learning
- Develop the skills required for a career in out-sourced accounting services
- Research basic and intermediate accounting topics and present more senior members with your initial opinion
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the engagement teams
- Collaborate with clients, working hand in hand to deliver a quality product within the client’s time frame.
- Perform direct accounting work on key financial statement line items such as Cash, Accounts Payable, and Inventory
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note – this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
BPM COVID Vaccination Policy
Effective July 1, 2021, only fully vaccinated employees will be permitted to enter our offices until further notice. Fully vaccinated means there has been a 2 full week period since the last vaccine. Vaccinated employees will be requested to furnish acknowledgement of their vaccination (daily questions in app) and complete a daily health questionnaire in CONDECO. All employees must wear a mask until told otherwise. In addition to health requirements, employees MUST follow our Return to Office (RTO) guidelines and occupancy criteria for a safe return to the office (separate policy). These are temporary guidelines until offices are fully functional. *Accommodations will be made for religious and medical requests with documentation.