Job Opening: Cluster Data Coordinator (Valley Cluster)
Reports To: Director of SIS and Manager of Data Compliance
Status: Full Time, non-exempt, 12 month role
About Bright Star Schools: Bright Star Schools is a premier charter management organization, operating 9 public schools in Los Angeles. Since 2003, Bright Star Schools has been offering a high-quality public education that incorporates unique and innovative programs, aiming for all of our students to be prepared for college and life. Our mission is to provide holistic, inclusive support for all students to achieve academic excellence and grow their unique talents so that they find joy and fulfillment in higher education, career, and life.
Description: The Cluster Data Coordinator provides a supporting role in maintaining Bright Star Schools student information systems, analyzing, visualizing data, supporting compliance reporting, and ongoing projects at the cluster level.
Student Information/Learning Management Systems
- Maintenance of student information systems including but not limited to enrollment, student scheduling, demographic information, transcripts, health, staff, grades, and performs ongoing system analysis.
- Supports master scheduling projects while adhering to the timelines established by the Cluster Data Lead and school administrators.
- Ensure student data accuracy by implementing a standardized process around data entry and reporting of student information.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of student learning management systems including, data collection and account management
- Supports the process of entering HS Transcripts in the student information system and generates cumulative records for school records requests
- Assists with the audit of monthly reports to be submitted to the district and home office (ie: LAUSD Attendance)
- Assist with the completion including the collection and maintenance of data necessary for quarterly/yearly district and state reports (CALPADS, CRDC, SARC, NSLP, etc).
- Provides data support for the administration of state and internal assessments (CAASPP, ELPAC, NWEA, iReady, etc).
- Assist Cluster Data Lead with the following:
- Investigating all incidents of test security and testing irregularity and escalate to the Deputy Superintendent and CDE as necessary
- Set up the assessment management systems including test administrations, user accounts, student test assignments, and designated supports/accommodations
- Support with staff training
- Monitor org-wide assessment completion rates and work with school administrators to ensure compliance with state accountability requirements
Data Collection and Analysis
- Assist with the production of reports that analyze and visualize student achievement and cultural data using BI tools.
- Supports the process of gathering information for dashboards and reports to support the need for data to school and home office departments.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Required experience with student information systems, Aeries SIS preferred
3. Charter school experience, preferred.
4. Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel.
5. Computer proficient; highly organized, ability to work with Microsoft and Google Productivity Suites.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation: Based on experience.
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, life insurance, personal time off (PTO), 403b Plan, Holidays