Brown Armstrong’s comprehensive accounting services and specialization in distinct niches make us unique, which also allows us to provide customized services specifically designed for each client we serve. Based in California with offices in Kern, Fresno, and San Joaquin counties, we have tremendous reach throughout the State.
We are looking for tax staff accountants that are highly motivated with a desire for success based primarily out of Bakersfield. This position is flexible for part-time and/or full-time, which is great for candidates pursuing their college degrees, or looking to transition into their careers. We provide great opportunities for long-term growth!
• Performs accounting and tax assignments under the direction of the partner, manager, supervisor, or senior (in-charge).
• Completes assignments of moderate complexity with an emphasis on quality standards, timely completion within budget, and profitability. Keeps the in-charge informed of all important developments on the engagement, analyzes problems, and recommends solutions.
• Assists partners and managers in resolving client issues and problems; compiles research and prepares reports on various tax issues.
• Performs other accounting and tax duties as needed in engagements as assigned by supervisory personnel.
• Actively participates in the Firm’s business development efforts. Professionally represents the Firm at business and community functions.
• Represents the Firm through participation in professional, charitable, and/or civic organizations.
• Participates and promotes Firm initiatives such as Business Development Program, Mentoring Program, and other Firm committees and activities.
Required licenses, Certificates, or Knowledge
• Working towards obtaining a CA Certified Public Accountant’s (CPA) License.
• Educational requirements for CPA license met at graduation preferred or plan to complete. (150 units and required courses).
• Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively interface will all levels of Firm management and staff, clients, and outside business contacts.
• Valid California Drivers License and proof of insurance.
We offer: Paid Vacation, Paid Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401(K), Paid Gym, Incentive Travel Bonus, CPA Exam Bonus Up To $5,000, Paid CPA Exam Study Materials, Paid Time Off For Exams, Flexible Schedules, Growth Potential.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Brown Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Potential candidates can also apply online at www.bacpas.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time
• Bakersfield, CA
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or equivalent) or actively pursuing