2022 Paid Summer Banking Internship – Locations throughout California (San Diego, Irvine, Los Angeles, or San Francisco)
California Bank and Trust, a leader amongst banks in California, with over $10 billion in assets and nearly 100 branch offices in the state, has a Banking internship available for current College/University students. The internship is a paid, full-time position that will take place for 8-10 weeks.
California Bank & Trust’s Summer Internship Program gives students the opportunity to gain valuable and practical work experience in their majors, explore the banking/finance industry, and learn about our culture and business philosophy.
Each intern will either rotate through various departments, allowing students to gain experience in several areas of banking and explore different career alternatives and choices, or they will be assigned to a specific lending group for the summer. Duties include but are not limited to: conducting industry research, preparing client prospect lists, assisting with credit presentations, and observing the process of spreading financial statements and underwriting loans.
The internship experience also includes several networking events with executives and other managers around the Bank, professional development and training sessions, case studies, overviews of various areas of the Bank, and social events.
The combination of hands-on assignments, programmed trainings, and events provides each intern with a well-rounded summer experience.
Former interns have gained exposure to areas such as:
- Commercial Banking
- Business Banking
- Power Finance
- Capital Markets
- Business Operations & Planning
- Must be currently enrolled in a College/University or graduated within the current year with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or similar degree (be sure to include your GPA on your resume or cover letter)
- Interests in business and banking/finance
- Broad application of general business practices
- Ability to meet deadlines, possess creative thinking and solve problems
- Self-confidence and willingness to make recommendations
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite Products
- Effective customer service and communication skills
- Local California candidates preferred