The California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation (DFPI) is recruiting for Financial Institutions Examiners (FIEs) to conduct, plan and direct the appropriate examination programs to provide the State of California with a safe, sound, and efficient financial environment. FIEs work closely with seasoned examiners to learn the examination process. FIEs are responsible for analyzing financial and compliance reports to evaluate overall safety and soundness of the financial service institution. FIEs are challenged with new and varying assignments at each examination and operate in a collaborative stimulating work environment. Help us protect California consumers by performing important financial analyses of financial institutions, business firms, and services. The DFPI has office locations in Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego, and San Francisco.
A career as an FIE requires working out in the field at a variety of financial service institutions away from headquarters office. Overnight travel may be required approximately 25% to 75% of the time.
Looking for graduates with a four-year bachelor’s degree in either:
· Business Administration
· A related business/management specialization
Or individuals who have completed a minimum of 16 semester hours of professional accounting courses and 3 semester hours of business law.
Starting at $63,396 annually
A competitive salary is only the beginning of how the DFPI pays their employees. California offers other benefits with employment:
- Health, dental, and vision plans that cover the employee, spouse/registered domestic partner, and dependents
- Pensions managed by the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS)
- FlexElect Program
- Savings Plus 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans
- Sick Leave – up to eight hours per month
- Vacation – two to four weeks annually, based upon length of time in state service
- Holidays – 11 state holidays, plus one personal day
- Two days of Personal Development & Training per fiscal year
- Voluntary Personal Leave Program – 1 extra day of vacation for a 5% pay reduction
- Flexible work schedule, including regular day off
How to Apply