Citrin Cooperman is seeking a Restructuring and Turnaround Associate for the firm’s New York City office. We are a growing nationally recognized full-service accounting, tax, and consulting firm with over 1,350 partners and staff and 17 offices. The firm was founded in 1979 by Joel Cooperman and Niles Citrin and today is the 22nd largest accounting and consulting firm in the United States, and 4th among mid-Atlantic firms. Our daily mission is to help our clients “focus on what counts.” We’re driven to meet this mission by our passion for providing clients with an objective viewpoint and insightful advice on whatever challenges they bring to the table.
As an Associate in our Business Restructuring Service practice, you will begin to utilize your educational background as well as your organizational skills as you serve the firm’s dynamic client base. You will assist in problem solving and fact-finding, working side-by-side with more experienced team members who can provide you with direction, coaching and learning opportunities. This opportunity will allow you to gain a unique hands-on perspective on our firm’s practices and people, as well as beginning to forge the critical relationships that will help maximize your chance for success in your career.
The ideal candidate must have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or Economics required
· CPA certification preferred
· Two (2) or more years of work experience required
· Leadership experience preferred
· Previous experience supervising staff in the completion of work product preferred
· Familiarity with computers, including conducting searches for information on companies via the Internet Excel (or similar spreadsheet software), including graphics for report preparation PowerPoint (for report preparation) and Word (or similar word processing software)
· Ability to read and understand basic financial statements, with a good analytical thinking ability and strong report writing skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.