Citrin Cooperman is seeking a Royalty Analyst to join its growing Royalty Audit, catalog valuation and Royalty Administration practice. The Royalty Analyst can be based remotely or sit in any one of our office locations. We seek an energetic and self-motivated individual who likes a team-oriented environment for this challenging career opportunity. Citrin Cooperman is one of the nation’s largest professional services firms. Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP, a licensed independent CPA firm that provides attest services and Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC which provides business advisory and non-attest services, operate as an alternative practice structure in accordance with the AICPA’s Code of Professional Conduct and applicable laws, regulations and professional standards. Clients are in all business sectors and leverage a complete menu of service offerings. The entities include more than 200 partners and over 1500 employees across the U.S.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Work closely with professional staff on catalog valuations, royalty inspections of music companies (e.g. record labels and music publishers) and other licensees of intellectual property on behalf of the Firm’s clients
· Analyze large datasets using Excel (possibly Access/SQL)
· Create databases and summarize statements
· Review, interpret and apply contract terms.
· Perform detailed analyses, prepare workpaper and claim schedules.
· Assist with identification issues and preparation of reports
· Maintain and organize all documents.
· Assist in fieldwork conducted remotely or on-site (travel may occasionally be required.
· Communication with points of contact at music companies (record labels, publishers, etc.) and other licensees of intellectual property
· Comfortably interact with clients through written and spoken communications.
· Manage ad-hoc requests internal or external, as well as assisting in various types of research
· Bachelor’s degree
- Expert in MS Excel—pivot tables, look-ups, etc. (MS Access and/or SQL database querying skills would be a plus)
- 0 to 2 years of music industry royalty experience
- Basic finance and/or accounting skills is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Work well with employees, clients and licensees.
· Ability to multi-task
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.