Citrin Cooperman is seeking Accounting Interns for our Business Management & Family Office department working in the firm’s New York City office. Citrin Cooperman is one of the nation’s largest professional services firms. Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP, a licensed independent CPA firm that provides attest services and Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC which provides business advisory and non-attest services, operate as an alternative practice structure in accordance with the AICPA’s Code of Professional Conduct and applicable laws, regulations and professional standards. Clients are in all business sectors and leverage a complete menu of service offerings. The entities include more than 200 partners and over 1500 employees across the U.S.
The Accounting Intern is provided with tools and training to gain professional skills and experience. The internship is structured as a learning experience that combines in class theory with real-world applications.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Providing and organizing financial information
- Preparing tax extensions, account analysis and reconciliations
- Maintenance of accounting records
- Various administrative tasks, as needed
- Be a junior or year prior to graduation (dependent on 4 or 5-year program) in an accounting program
- Have the flexibility to work a minimum of 20 hours each week
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 or better
- Have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be detail-oriented
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.