Citrin Cooperman is seeking State and Local Tax (SALT) Interns for the 2022 spring semester in our New York City office. Citrin Cooperman is one of the nation’s largest professional services firms. Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP, a licensed independent CPA firm that provides attest services and Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC which provides business advisory and non-attest services, operate as an alternative practice structure in accordance with the AICPA’s Code of Professional Conduct and applicable laws, regulations and professional standards. Clients are in all business sectors and leverage a complete menu of service offerings. The entities include more than 200 partners and over 1500 employees across the U.S. A SALT intern is provided with tools and training to gain professional skills and experience. The internship is structured as a learning experience that combines in class theory with real world applications.
This internship occurs during the spring semester (January 2022 through April 2022).
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
· Research multistate state and local taxes issues
· Preparing Sales and State Tax Returns
· Assisting with State Tax notices and examinations
· Apply basic accounting principles and tax research to engagements
· Various administrative tasks, as needed
The ideal candidate must:
· Be a junior or year prior to graduation (dependent on 4 or 5 year program)
· Have the flexibility to work a minimum of 25 hours each week
· Be highly motivated
· Have outstanding analytical, organizational and project management skills
· Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Applications
· Have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 or better
· Have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
· Be detail oriented
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.