Citrin Cooperman is seeking a State and Local Tax (SALT) Staff to join our New York City Office. Citrin Cooperman is one of the nation’s largest professional services firms. Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP, a licensed independent CPA firm that provides attest services and Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC which provides business advisory and non-attest services, operate as an alternative practice structure in accordance with the AICPA’s Code of Professional Conduct and applicable laws, regulations and professional standards. Clients are in all business sectors and leverage a complete menu of service offerings. The entities include more than 200 partners and over 1500 employees across the U.S.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
· Assist with the coordination of the day-to-day duties of planning, tax work, and wrap-up
· Possess general knowledge of federal, state and local tax laws – corporate, individual, trust, gifts, and partnership taxation; specialized knowledge of real estate and/or international is a plus
· Perform tax research to resolve issues
· Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel
· Identify and communicate tax matters to Seniors, Managers and Partners.
· Build relationships with clients and staff
· Research state and local tax controversies
The ideal candidate must:
· Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
· Have a minimum 1-2 years multistate state and local tax experience required
· Have basic knowledge of sales/use tax and income/franchise tax required
· Have excellent research and writing skills
· Have outstanding analytical, organizational and project management skills
· Work directly with state auditors to resolve client audit issues
· Assist Citrin Cooperman personnel with sales tax and income tax questions
· Research technical state tax issues and document conclusions with detailed memorandum
· Work directly with clients to address state tax issues
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Be able to work independently, but also work well with others
· Have ability to effectively prioritize
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.