Citrin Cooperman is seeking Tax Interns for the 2022 spring semester in our Long Island office. Citrin Cooperman is one of the nation’s largest professional services firms. Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP, a licensed independent CPA firm that provides attest services and Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC which provides business advisory and non-attest services, operate as an alternative practice structure in accordance with the AICPA’s Code of Professional Conduct and applicable laws, regulations and professional standards. Clients are in all business sectors and leverage a complete menu of service offerings. The entities include more than 200 partners and over 1500 employees across the U.S.
A Tax intern is provided with tools and training to gain professional skills and experience. The internship is structured as a learning experience that combines in class theory with real world applications.
This internship occurs during the spring semester (January 2022 through April 2022).
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
· Preparing tax returns and tax extensions
· Organizing tax information
· Assisting with tax notices and examinations
· Maintain working knowledge of tax preparation software used in office
· Various administrative tasks, as needed
The ideal candidate must:
· Be a junior or year prior to graduation (dependent on 4 or 5 year program)
· Have completed at least one tax class
· Have the flexibility to work a minimum of 25 hours each week
· Have the flexibility to work weekends as needed
· Have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 or better
· Have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
· Be detail oriented
· Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Be a participant in the VITA Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.