By joining Cognizant as an Entry-level Cloud & Security Engineer, you will be analyzing, designing, programming, and testing software programs and applications across all industries.
Depending on your background and Cognizant business needs, we will align you to a technology area, allowing you to enhance your core competency skills and grow your career. You will take on challenges to deliver technology innovation, and design and implement solutions impacting our clients’ business and IT imperatives
- Develop, create, and modify general computer application software or specialized programs
- Work closely with client project managers and other architects to develop customized security solutions
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex network security incidents, to include packet capture and analysis, log review, and critical thinking
- Solving complex technical problems through engineering, including requirements analysis, design, development, implementation and testing
- Maintain systems by monitoring, identifying, and correcting software defects
- Apply technical skills to recommend, implement, support, improve, and operate information protection technologies with limited supervision
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Preferred majors include: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems majors with concentration in network security, cybersecurity
- Technical understanding of network fundamentals and common Internet protocols, specifically in SNOW Software, Security, DevOps, EUC/DWP, Data center services, etc.
- Experience reviewing system and application logs (e.g., web or mail server logs), either to investigate security issues or complex operational issues
- Demonstrable knowledge in investigating security issues within Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Ability to maintain, develop, and implement security procedures and controls with proficiency in vulnerability and threat management best practice (e.g. knowledge of penetration and threat testing methodologies and approaches)
- Strong interest in learning the latest exploits, tactics, techniques and procedures, vulnerability remediation and security trends in Cloud implementations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills with the passion and appetite to learn newer technologies?
Due to the nature of this position Cognizant cannot provide sponsorship for U.S. work authorization (including participation in a CPT/OPT program) for this role.
Entry-level Cloud & Security Engineers will be deployed to Cognizant office(s) in Dallas-TX, Phoenix-AZ, or Tampa-FL where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of the aforementioned major geographic areas. While we will attempt to honor candidate location preferences, business need and position availability will determine final location assignment.
Entry-level Cloud & Security Engineers will largely start in 3 cohorts; January, June, or August 2022. If your offer is for January, we will communicate your exact start date at the time of offer. While we will attempt to honor candidate summer start date preferences, business need and position availability will determine final start date assignment of June or August. Exact summer start dates will be communicated with enough time for you to plan effectively.
Why Choose Us?
Cognizant delivers solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of our associates. You will be supported by high-caliber experts and employ some of the most advanced and patented capabilities. Our associate’s diverse backgrounds offer varied perspectives and fuel new ways of thinking. We encourage lively discussions which inspire better results for our clients.