Human Resources – LOA Specialist
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Under the supervision of the Benefits Supervisor, the Leave of Absence (LOA) Specialist oversees all aspects of leave of absence administration, information, and dissemination. The LOA Specialist implements and execute the strategies that support the Agency’s Safety and Security programs as well as provide tactical support of the Agency’s Ergonomics Program. The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Draft, track, and monitor all leaves of absences and process all related paperwork.
- Point of contact for all supervisors, employees, and management regarding leave of absence matters and issues.
- Oversee Workers’ Compensation claims and responds to insurance companies when additional paperwork is required.
- Attend all claims review meetings and coordinates Agency-wide safety training
- Communicate safety-related information to all staff to ensure a safe work environment
- Track and monitor continuation of benefits of employees on leave
- Manage and conduct the interactive process under the ADA to determine reasonable accommodation(s) for employees with disabilities, including but not limited to, conducting interviews, maintaining detailed documentation, being the liaison between supervisorial staff and HR, and ensuring accommodations are provided
- Gathers required data, completes, and posts all legally required OSHA 300 reports
- Ensures compliance with all legally required labor law and safety-related postings throughout the Agency
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Relevant work experience may be substituted for college-level education.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing leave of absences, benefits, and workers compensation, in a human resources environment.
- Strong knowledge of leave management, benefits administration, as well as employment and labor laws.
- Must possess a firm understanding of OSHA and safety-related initiatives. Strong computer skills, including MS Office and database skills. HRIS experience required.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about Crystal Stairs, please visit our website at: www.crystalstairs.org
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.