About this Job
- Answer and screen phone calls remotely; manage questions
- Make appointments for advisors
- Type documents, create spreadsheets, and data entry
- Assist in large mailing and telephoning projects
- Enter into tutorial program software that keeps track of student tutoring visits
- Assist in advertising and maintaining program announcements on the Academic Enrichment Center boards.
- Assist Instructional Student Assistants with understanding program documentation.
- Become familiar with services provided through the Academic Enrichment Center, policies and procedures of the department and college
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Applicants must be a current CSUN student in good academic standing
- Ability to work as a team member
- Strong communication skills and helpful attitude
- Must know how to use Microsoft Technologies (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must know how to navigate the CSUN portal and research questions for students
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions. Able to demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate maturity, responsibility, and reliability
Federal Work Study: This is a Federal Work Study Application. FWS provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study. Funding is given to institutions to provide part-time work opportunities for students. In order to qualify for the Federal Work Study Program students must apply for federal assistance through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) program. The program is open to both undergraduate and graduate students. Students should check with the current requirements for FAFSA.
PURPOSE: The Academic Enrichment Center provides group and individual study sessions for engineering and computer science related courses that have high academic failure rates. We are committed to improving graduation rates, retention rates and eliminating achievement gaps for all students. The Tutorial Coordinator and the Academic Enrichment Center Administrative Assistant are part of a campus-wide effort to help students achieve academic success.
HOURS: Fall/Spring up to 20 hours
Must be available between 8:00am – 5:00pm; Monday through Friday (some Saturdays).
For information on student salary schedule visit https://www.csun.edu/financialaid/student-salary-schedule
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Spring Term and Fall Term. Applicant reapplies each semester. Renewable semester to semester.
DEPARTMENT ID: 10130
Qualified Confidantes Only: Currently applications can only be received via Handshake. Please submit the application (see attached) by the end of the semester prior to the semester seeking employment.