Title: Consumer Insights Analyst Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2022
Work Location: Local or Remote
A successful lending program allows credit unions to support their members’ needs and aspirations. As consumer behaviors rapidly change, Lending is focused on responding with strategic, consumer-focused products that help people protect themselves in the case of unexpected life events.
This role will get hands-on experience with consumer-centered product design within the Lending Product Innovation team. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic, professional setting. The Lending Product Innovation team is responsible for advancing our business by strategizing, designing, and analyzing consumer research to drive how our products are designed and delivered today, while preparing for the future (product roadmap).
Candidates will assist members of the department with key research, insights, strategy initiatives and projects. This role requires attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, passion, curiosity, and resourcefulness to solve problems. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Marketing, Behavioral Economics, or Business, with a desire to move into a marketing, psychology, behavioral economics, or product management/development career after graduation.
- Expect to work within a fast-paced, supportive, and innovative culture. You’ll experience working on consumer research initiatives – from designing and strategizing new experiments, participating in interviews with real and potential customers to analyzing and reporting on key insights. No two days are the same as you’ll partner with the team, attend meetings, and collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as with product managers, research experts, actuarial, compliance and legal teams.
- Special projects within the department are varied and could focus on consumer, market, and competitive research. The goal of special projects is to partner with the product team, using consumer research and insights to make informed decisions about the features, design and delivery methods that will meet consumer needs.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad program towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong computer (MS Office—Word, Excel, Outlook), analytical, critical thinking, creative problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality are required.
- Must be able to think, act, and prioritize in a pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Openness to feedback and a ‘progress over perfection’ mindset
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to build empathy and connect with others who may be different than you.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.