Salary: $20 – $50 per hour – depending on experience
Locations: CA, OR, WA, ID, WY, UT
Day Wireless Systems is in a growth mode – Come join this ever advancing team! We are seeking candidates with at least 2 years experience to Experts in the field.
Our Radio Technicians ideally will have a minimum of 2 + years relevant experience in Radios (Motorola) operations and maintenance, RF spectrum dependent telecommunications systems and equipment, including (but not limited to) Trunked Land Mobile Radio Systems, Microwave Systems, Conventional Land Mobile Radio Systems, DAS, and other wireless applications.
An ideal candidate will have a background in DAS – installation, repair and maintenance – if you have Radio experience – this is huge plus!
RF DAS Technician – is experienced in working in installation crews for the entire duration of large scale in-building distributed antenna systems projects.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, discuss, and resolve wireless communication equipment questions and problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner in person on customer’s site, by phone, e-mail, and at Day Wireless Systems’ shop location.
- Maintain Federal Communications Commission – General-radio Telephone Operator License (FCC – GROL) that is required to adjust, maintain, or internally repair FCC licensed radio/telephone transmitters in aviation, maritime, and international fixed public radio services.
- Create technical field and maintenance reports, as required. Create, update, and/or review system procedures and documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Perform required diagnostic and analytical tests to diagnose and repair wireless communication equipment such as dispatch consoles, paging infrastructure, and trunked radio systems, and mobile installations
- Work with customer to determine deadlines, urgency, timeline, and schedule of completing repairs, maintenance, and programming with customers, vendors, and shop management to ensure resolution of problem meets customer’s needs.
- LMR systems monitoring and reporting.
- Maintain RF, paging, microwave, and distributed antenna system (DAS).
- Performs the installation of radio and wireless mobile and base communications systems per industry practices and vendor criteria.
- Reports any accidents, maintenance needs, or repairs to management while using any company vehicle. Practices and follows safe driving procedures as described and required in safe driver training.
- Tower climbing.
- Effective time management to allow for involvement in special task order projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Two to five years’ experience in 2-way radio (Ideally Motorola, but any Radio system is a plus) and wireless communication systems theory. Able to use computer and program, troubleshoot, perform diagnostics, and repair complex communication systems.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) General-Radiotelephone Operator License (GROL) – CET and CGT certifications are pluses as well
- Must be a US citizen and have a Valid driver’s license.
- Troubleshooting of malfunctioning communications equipment to sufficiently identify, resolve, and/or repair malfunctions, returning equipment to a pre-failure state of operation in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Capable of working effectively with co-workers and fulfill customer requests.
- Combinations of both multi-site RF communications system and computer/networking skills.
- Read schematics, block diagrams, and flow charts to maintain or repair all supported electronic systems and equipment.
- Must be available to work Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To properly support our public safety and first responder customers, technicians will be required to be on call, which includes overtime with little or no notice.