APPLICANTS MUST BE DEDICATED TO THE LIFE SCIENCES / BIOSCIENCES FIELD, AS DEMONSTRATED BY WORK HISTORY AND FIELD OF STUDY (E.G., BIOENGINEERING, BIOLOGY, BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING, MOLECULAR BIOLOGY).
The enthusiastic DeciBio Consulting (“DeciBio”) Strategy Consulting team is seeking multi-faceted Life Science consultants who will bring unique perspectives while solving business riddles. The Associate Consultant and Life Science Expert positions are based out of our Los Angeles HQ or Bay Area office.
See our profile on Vault.com (which ranks us in their 2021 Consulting 50 rankings), our website (decibio.com), and IG @ decibioconsulting.
***Please complete the short answer questions in lieu of a cover letter. Case interviews will take place remotely, online. Final round interviews will take place either remotely or at DeciBio’s headquarters in Los Angeles, depending on necessary safety precautions at that time. (We are presently working 100% remotely.) Candidates are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may be placed in the Senior Associate, Associate, Senior Analyst, Life Science Expert, or Senior Life Science Expert role depending on their qualifications as well as their preparedness on day one.***
- STRATEGY CONSULTING: We are a precision medicine-focused Strategy Consulting firm, and our separate Data Intelligence divisions develop novel software and other sources of market intelligence
- PROJECTS: Our projects cover various precision medicine markets, e.g., Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), dPCR, Gene Editing, Single Cell, Immuno-Oncology (I/O), CAR-T, Companion Diagnostics, Liquid Biopsy, NIPT, Digital Pathology, Healthcare IT, and Patient-Centered Technology Solutions
- CLIENTS: Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 500 firms
- FARM TEAM SYSTEM: Team members gain early and rapid access to growth opportunities and an opportunity to “write their own story” in our “intrapreneurial” environment
- RESEARCH: Manage and conduct primary research campaigns (e.g., interviews) using business intuition, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence; Manage and conduct secondary research (e.g., reviewing technical and professional publications, etc.) regarding competitors, patients, customers, products, markets, etc.
- ANALYSIS: Collaborate with team members to find trends, conclusions, and recommendations based on your research, Excel models, and other data analyses
- COMMUNICATION: Create detailed PowerPoint presentations that paint the strategic story, and present these deliverables to clients
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Manage project work streams, projects, client communications, and internal firm development initiatives
Benefits (among others):
- Market salary
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) plan, with contributions from DeciBio
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance plan
- 12 weeks paid parental leave, plus pre-natal disability leave
- Generous PTO policy, plus bonus holidays
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Average 50-60hr work week goal
- A supportive, collaborative, and inclusive community of “DeciBions”
- Various benefits associated with being a part of a dynamic and growing firm that empowers its employees
- Targeted career nurturing, including a Career Mentor Program
- Customized workflows/paths and opportunities to carve out an applicable niche of your choice
In response to recent events, we continue to find ways to prioritize our employees’ health and well-being, provide open-book financial and strategic transparency, and expand our business towards short- and long-term growth.
- Higher-level thinking (e.g., Intuition, emotional intelligence (EQ), a natural “business sense,” and ideation prowess)
- An athletic mind (e.g., agile, flexible, and multi-faceted, with analytical rigor/strength)
- Proactive communication and interpersonal skills
- Embodiment of DeciBio’s Cove Values (listed below)
- A love for the life sciences (including undergraduate studies in this field)
- A genuine appreciation for DeciBio’s differentiators
- A demonstrated interest in business strategy
- At least two years of directly applicable experience (e.g., strategy consulting, investment banking) — ready to go on day one — or an applicable PhD
- Superb presentation, writing, and analytical abilities
- MS Office suite experience (especially Excel and Powerpoint)
DeciBio’s Core Values:
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: We dive deep into pioneering areas in our specialized niche (precision medicine). Thus, all of our team members have degrees in the life sciences, and many have research/lab experience. All team members publish their own content and are supported in developing expertise in their areas of interest.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP: Our rapid growth is driven by dynamic self-starters. We expect our team members to take advantage of immediate opportunities to contribute to firm growth, lead work streams, collaborate with Partners and Managers, ideate and develop “pet projects,” and present their work to our C-suite clientele. In the past, such self-starting team members have created new data intelligence products and companies, contributed to the firm’s operations, led internal firm-wide initiatives, and been cited in media publications.
- COLLABORATION & SUPPORT: Our cheerful and close-knit team laughs its way through the workday and our frequent social outings. This culture and positive energy carries through to our team-oriented working dynamics.
- TRANSPARENCY: All team members impact firm culture and decisions. Partners share our firm’s financial results with the team. And, the entire Consulting team benefits from a generous profit-share at year end.
- GRIT: We all love a challenge, are committed to diligent work, and have an insatiable appetite for learning. We are achievers.
- BALANCE: We compete with well-known firms but strive to find more harmony in our work-life relationship. We travel as necessary — not exhaustively. (Approx. 0-15% travel, depending on interests and cases, before quarantine.)
IG @ decibioconsulting