How to apply
1. Campus Career Center application: When applying through your Campus Career Center, you will need to submit your resume and unofficial transcripts. Please submit your resume and unofficial transcripts on both the campus career center as well as on the Deloitte career site. You may use the following naming convention when naming your documents First, Last, type of document_Date (e.g., John Doe Resume_09_15_20).
2. Deloitte Website Application: You are required to apply through the Deloitte website for legal purposes. Please go to https://deloitteus.avature.net/su/6ab3b67bf1cdb053 and complete a profile. This position has a start season timing of Summer/Fall 2022.
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory Analyst – Controls, Compliance & Finance
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As an Analyst in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of project experiences.
Our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice helps organizations effectively navigate business risks and opportunities—from strategic, reputation, and financial risks to operational, cyber, and regulatory risks—to gain competitive advantage. We apply our experience in ongoing business operations and corporate lifecycle events to help clients become stronger and more resilient. Our market-leading team’s help clients embrace complexity to accelerate performance, disrupt through innovation, and lead in their industries.
Work you’ll do
As an Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects leveraging your business-related degree to help our clients more confidently make decisions to drive performance. You will help our clients embrace change, grow their business, accelerate performance, and navigate periods of crisis or controversy and emerge resilient.
The type of work you focus on will be influenced by your office placement and business needs. Your recruiter will be able to provide more information about our offices. Projects may be aligned to the following areas and include:
· Accounting & Internal Controls: Helping clients advance transparency, relevance, and
the quality of information disclosed to the markets and investors so that they can meet
regulatory and attestation requirements. You’ll support clients and business unit finance
leaders in solving complex financial accounting and reporting issues enabled by digital
· Transactions/Mergers & Acquisition: Leveraging our accounting experience to research
and work with M&A teams on a broad spectrum of technical accounting matters including
complex issues in accounting for business combinations, consolidations, share-based
compensation, revenue recognition, leases, intangibles, and financial instruments.
· Regulatory & Forensic Investigations: Assisting with compiling, analyzing, and
documenting facts for matters under investigation or in litigation and helping clients
manage and respond to internal and external investigations, regulatory concerns, litigation,
and other business controversy. Supporting clients with their most pressing regulatory and
operational challenges. Helping them to identify, remediate, monitor, and manage
enterprise risks and create value through implementing a compliant, resilient enterprise
Regardless of project type, your work will require:
· Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills essential to interacting with clients
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in
a fast-paced environment
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
· Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory helps organizations navigate a variety of risks to lead in the marketplace and disrupt through innovation. The insights of our professionals, combined with our specialized products and services, help clients learn how to embrace complexity and leverage their position of strength to accelerate performance.
· Undergraduate or Master’s degrees in the following majors will be considered:
o Accounting or related business degree. A concentration in management information systems, business analytics or other business technology related areas is a plus
o Other majors will be considered with a concentration in accounting or a related area
· A strong understanding of Windows-based applications including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
· Meets minimum requirements for CPA eligibility or other relevant certifications before beginning full-time employment
· Strong academic track record (GPA of 3.2 or above)
· Relevant work experience or work experience in a professional environment (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture Our inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.