Leading global logistics firm has an opening for full time entry-level position in Ocean Department and Air Department. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Good communication skills and typing of 45+ WPM required. Multi-tasking, detail-oriented, and fast-learning essential. Prior logistics experience and fast learner a plus. Excellent benefits and working environment. An aptitude test and a typing quiz will be given during the interview. Background checks will be conducted upon hire.
LAX Office –
2177 E. Maple Ave.
El Segundo, CA 90245
SFO Office –
455 Eccles Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080
• Perform standard ocean operation and custom brokerage operation and customer service cycles, A-Z.
• Coordinate and Communicate daily ocean operation activities internally and externally.
• Perform Vendor invoices cost approval with accuracy and coordinate with vendors.
• Establish, update SOP, organize new/existing customer profiles and coordinate with rates adjustment.
• In house customer supports and quotations, both internal and external.
• Organize POA’s and customs documentation • Comply with all import/export regulations and documentations ruled by various US Govt agencies • Report and coordinate with cargo claim process and filing.
• Other jobs related to operations to be assigned or adjusted by management.
• Receive and validate customer order
• Issue shipment handling instructions to Document Processing staff • Reserve HAWB number • Arrange for pick-up/transfer of cargo • Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards • Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact. Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, visit • Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions • Serve as a liaison between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details • Provide accurate job costing forecast • Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
• Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations • Shipment routing • Require documents to support freight